I LOVE to go out to eat. I’ve always loved to dine out, but sometime in the last year, I realized we were eating out WAY too often and it was taking a real toll on our pockets, waistlines, and general sanity. Eating out with two kids is not the same as leisurely dates. We found that we were going out to eat as a convenience and really wasn’t anymore convenient than eating in.
I find it helpful to have several essentials and “back up plans” for those nights we are getting home late or generally exhausted. Here is a list of those meal ideas to hopefully save your pocket, sanity, and diet! All are family friendly and work well with WW Freestyle!
- The good old Rotisserie Chicken. Pairs well with bagged salads, steamed frozen veggies, and fresh fruit.
- Steamed Frozen Shrimp. I try to always keep a 2lb bag on hand. Thaw and pop on the stove for a few minutes. I like to serve it with a bag of pre-cooked rice and again, steamed frozen veggies…might as well add them to your weekly grocery list.
- A ham slice. Again, served maybe with some fresh fruit, rice, boiled egg noodles, or veggies.
- Aldi Mama Cozzi’s Deli Pizza. A cheaper alternative to ordering pizza and if you serve it with a salad, it’s not too points heavy. I’ll pick one of these up while grocery shopping because let’s be honest, who feels like cooking after shopping?
- Tuna Melts. I always have a couple cans of tuna on hand and tuna melts are quick to whip up in a flash. I make mine open face on toasted light english muffins. Top with a super thin slice of swiss and pop in the oven for a few minutes.